Sometimes, you just need a salad. Other times, you need a salad with lots of bacon and fat. This is the one! If you look at the photo above, you can see the origins of this recipe and that wicked moment of genius when the cauliflower was cut in favor of a pound of crispy, tasty bacon!
- Florets of 2 bunches of broccoli
- 1/2 red onion, small dice
- 1/2 C golden raisins or dried cherries
- 1/2 C Miracle Whip (sorry and not even kidding. This is the ONLY thing where real mayonnaise doesn't work as well)
- 1/4 C sugar
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- 1/2 - 1 pound cooked bacon, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
*sunflower seeds, optional
Mix Miracle Whip, sugar and vinegar until combined. Add to other ingredients and chill. Great for potlucks and picnics!